I just noticed that epilicious doesn’t work for me It seems the recent work done by the Python group in Debian Sid has resulted in the following line throwing an exception:
from elementtree.ElementTree import parse
Yes, I’ve double checked that python-elementtree is installed (python-celementtree is also installed). At the moment I’m too lazy to look into it myself and I’ve sent off an email to the Debian user list.
I’ve just checked in a small fix for a rather irritating bug in epilicious. I’m surprised no-one noticed the bug earlier. A local modification to the keywords of a bookmark wasn’t propagated to del.icio.us, and a second sync would revert the local change.
I’ve checked in a fix and built a new package of course.
I know, I’m pathetic but after doing some brainless web surfing on frappr I couldn’t help but have the thought. Now, it’d be utterly pathetic if I’m the only one on that map. I leave it up to you. Yes, I mean you! Send me a comment to this telling me that you’ll sign up on the Epilicious Frappr Map and I’ll go ahead and create it (I’m guessing two people on a map is about half as pathetic as a single person.)
I’ve finally gotten around to writing tools for backing up (delbackup) and restoring (delrestore) del.icio.us bookmarks. They can be found in the utils directory in the BZR repo for epilicious.
Oh, a word of warning. These tools work fine for me, but they might not work as well for others. You probably should back up your del.icio.us bookmarks before using them (hahaha). Also, restoring is slow due to throttling. A full restore of my 169 bookmarks took me several minutes. If it’s easy I might add some sort of progress indicator.
I just found out that epilicious is listed on Absolutely Del.icio.us – Complete Tools Collection. Kind of cool considering just how little work I’ve put into advertising it
A recent email from a user pushed me to go see if there’s a newer version of the Python del.icio.us API I’m using for epilicous. I found version 0.3.2 and the author, Frank Timmermann, has found a new space to host it. There’s been some renaming it seems, it’s now called pydelicious. Here’s the link for pydelicious.
Anyway, this version has a slightly changed API and I still haven’t gotten around to checking whether epilicious in BZR is functional or not. You have been warned
It’s been a bit too long in the making but now it’s here I just entered verion 0.8 of epilicious on GomeFiles. The APT package is available from my repo as well. Enjoy!
I’ve just uploaded a Debian package that fixes Epilicious so that it works with Epiphany 2.14. It still works like a charm
Do keep in mind that I’m packaging an unreleased version of Epilicious.
The current version in BZR, that’d be version 0.8pre1, has internationalisation support. Currently there’s only one language, Swedish, but I’m looking forward to receiving onther languages to add to the list. (I’m more than happy to receive any pointers regarding the language in epilicious, be it English, Swedish, or any other language.)
The actual implementation was very straight forward, basically I copied what’s in Python’s gettext documentation. I read some other documents as well, just to know what I was getting myself into The GNOME developers have two documents worth reading. The first one, internationalising GNOME applications, contains what you need to know about internationalising the different types of source files in a GNOME application. The second contains localisation guidelines for developers, it’s not as technical as the first but it’s a good complement to the first.
Release 0.7 of Epilicious has been out in the free for 5 days now. It didn’t contain anything really interesting at all for the user. That is unless the user has problems running the damn thing
The python plugin for Epiphany is a wonderful thing, but debugging python plugins is a pain. The current solution to the problem is logging. I was motivated by a user with Epilicious problems (thanks Chris).