I’ve switched from bzr to darcs for all my version management needs. I’ve decided to also move my already existing projects to darcs. First out is epilicious. From now on the following should be used to get the release and development branches respectively:
% darcs get http://therning.org/magnus_darcs/epilicious
% darcs get http://therning.org/magnus_darcs/epilicious.dev
I decided not to take any history with me, I could have used tailor but decided not to, after all this is a very small project. Also, I’m keeping the old history for the time being, it’s in the old place:
% bzr get http://www.therning.org/magnus_bzr/epilicious/
% bzr get http://www.therning.org/magnus_bzr/epilicious.dev/
I just received a trackback for my epilicious page. James (who I don’t know at all) apparently tried out epilicious, but didn’t end up using it, instead he wrote deliciony. So, anyone who’s looking at epilicious, but finds it not quite to their liking, maybe it’s worth checking out.
I just have to tell you James that I would have loved hearing what makes you say that epilicious is “prone to bugs” and exactly what you tried getting it to do. Without knowing that I can’t improve on it. Especially since I’m having no problems at all with epilicious and haven’t had for months now. But hey! Since I’m the author of the thing I would have made some changes if it weren’t delivering for me.
I just released version 0.10 of epilicious. Go fetch it from GnomeFiles.
I decided to toss out all the translations from earlier versions (this is purely a reaction to my own inability to deal properly with contributed translations). So, please, download the POT and localise epilicious!
It seems my Debian packages for Epilicious have worked in Ubuntu (Dapper Drake I suppose). This is purely accidental. It’s however a very nice accident This lucky coincidence doesn’t hold for Edgy Eft.
If you are lucky then you can get my Epilicious packages to work on Edgy Eft by copying (or linking) the files to
/usr/lib/epiphany/2.16/extension. No guarantees, and YMMV, of course.
Related news: I’ve just updated the package of the development edge version of Epilicious.
After taking some advice I got on
#epiphany I’ve finally managed to get both
epiphany-extensions out of CVS to compile. In this case
jhbuild buildone was my friend. I installed
python-gnome2-desktop-dev and set to work.
jhbuild to build
PKG_CONFIG_PATH in between). Then I tackled
epiphany from CVS. It gave me no grief at all, though I did forget to enable Python support at first.
epiphany-extensions was equally simple.
Finally I can get serious about getting
epilicious into GNOME
This fixes the problem I mentioned before.
[Edit Sat Jul 29 10:27:39 BST 2006]
I’ve just uploaded a Debian package of 0.9.2. Enjoy!
I noticed yesterday that synching was failing due to some bug in
pydelicious. That was the last straw and now
pydelicious is being chucked out of epilicious. It is a module written by Frank Timmerman, and it can be found here (when it isn’t totally infested with Wiki spam anyway). I was happy to be able to use it for as long as I have since it allowed me to concentrate on other parts of epilicious. Now however epilicious is working fine but
pydelicious isn’t. I am not interested in fixing
pydelicious since I think it’s a bit of mess and it’d be difficult for me not to do a clean-up at the same time That would most likely take more time than writing something custom made for epilicious.
I’ve written a minimal Python module that offers exactly as much of the del.icio.us API as epilicious needs. If someone’s interested in extending it into a more full-fledged del.icio.us module—be my guest. You can find it in the development BZR repo (
I’ll be making another release of epilicious ASAP.
Some kind soul sent me a Russian translation for epilicious… which I quickly lost. I guess I really should move mails to a rubbish bin rather than delete them completely.
Oh, I’d love to receive another email with that translation Please!
I’ve just released version 0.9 of epilicious. A package for Debian has of course also been uploaded to my personal APT repo. Have fun!
Oh yeah! Almost forgot. Translate it, please!
Since it’s been some time since the 0.8 release of epilicious and I’ve been doing some work on it lately I thought it’s time for a release soon. I should be able to get around to it in a day or two.
I went over the translations and realised that they’re all going to be out of date when I make the release. Reading through the document on L10N Guidelines for Developers I considered sending a POT file to the Translation Project. I didn’t send an email for two reasons:
- Epilicious contains 18 translatable strings. It just feels like it doesn’t belong with apps like xchat.
- I’m still hoping I’ll be able to get it into GNOME CVS at some point as an official plugin for epiphany. Then the GNOME Translation Team would get involved but unfortunately they won’t touch it until it’s in GNOME CVS.
For now I’ve uploaded the POT file. Please, please, send me a translation!